Friday, October 21, 2005

In Politically Correct Company

It's been a good week for Doc and Woody time on other media. CJOH's CTV News supper-hour run is featuring morning radio in Ottawa this week. Doc and Woody wraps up the series with a good blast on the Friday edition.

On Wednesday, we were guests of Catherine Clark on her show "In Good Company". There were the typical questions about waking up early, chemistry between the show principals, "What's your favourite part of the show?", etc.

Then came the more personal tone about family, other interests and so on. In the middle of discussing my personal affairs and family, Randall threw a "Conservative" shot across my bow. He then prompted Catherine to respond regarding conservatism running in her family.

"Only the Progressive part", she asserted.

Now, last week, I had promised to be good and not take issue with her and her father's departure from the post-merger Conservative Party. I was true to my word. It was neither the time nor the place for political discourse or discord. In fact, I have a hunch Catherine and I will meet again in the not-too-distant future in political circles. The fact that she remains a Progressive Conservative is a positive thing. Without going into detail, I have strong indicators that she is connected to the Ontario PC's or, at least, a supporter.

She's a good person - strong in the community with charity work and other involvements. It just stands to reason, that she would maintain some sort of political connection. As an Ontario PC member, I would certainly look forward to working with her.

Meanwhile, I'm just as happy to promote her program.

Catherine Clark's "In Good Company" is seen weekdays at 3pm and again at 5pm on Rogers 22 Ottawa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home