Friday, October 21, 2005

Why I've Been Too Busy To Blog

My good friend Lisa MacLeod is running for nomination in the riding of Nepean-Carleton to replace sitting MPP John Baird when he steps down at writ drop to run federally in neighboring Ottawa West-Nepean.

In addition to helping her with the campaign any way I can, she was also in need of some assistance in launching her website. Her initial designer wasn't reaching deadline expectations so I was called in to fire things up.

As I've mentioned before, web design is a bit of a passion for me and a hobby that proves to be rewarding. I've already designed and maintain two websites for the Ottawa West-Nepean federal Conservatives - the main site plus the youth subdomain - and had begun work in the spring for Joe Varner, who was to seek the federal nomination in Ottawa West-Nepean prior to John Baird's entry. Joe deferred to John and worked to support Baird in his successful nomination bid. I was going to have fun designing his site, which now remains dormant, because of some new graphics toys. So now I get to play again.

This past week, we unveiled www.lisamacleod.com. It was a treat to work on and will now be an easier and more fun experience to simply maintain and update it.

One of these days I'll put my own site together. If I ever get the time. Till then, I'll play in someone else's yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home